top of page

SMR Prayer Group

Public·3646 friends

Proverbs 16:24

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.’

Powerful Words

Brenda Walsh

It’s far too easy to say the first thing that comes to mind without really thinking through the effect it might have on others. Careless words can cut right through the heart and cause deadly wounds that may never heal. Lifelong friendships have ended because of misspoken words, and even family members have ceased to talk for years, all because someone said something offensive. The thing you need to remember is that once words come out of your mouth, you can never take them back! Just like throwing a glass of water onto the yard, you can never get that exact water back in your glass. It’s gone forever. So it is with words. No matter how much you wish you could stuff them back in your mouth, you can’t! The damage is done! Gossip, snide remarks, innuendo, and rude comments are powerful words that once spoken become lethal weapons. Just as powerful are words spoken with kindness, giving encouragement and comfort. Words spoken in softness and love melt hearts and bring incredible peace and joy! God wants us to use powerful words of love and encouragement to build others up, heal broken hearts, and give hope to the hopeless. In Ephesians 4:29 we’re told, “Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”

Text:

Matthew 12:36-37,

36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:36-37, NASB)

Psalm 34:13,

Keep your tongue from evil And your lips from speaking deceit. (Psalms 34:13, NASB)

Psalm 141:3,

Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. (Psalms 141:3, NASB)

Romans 10:10

for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. (Romans 10:10, NASB)

Angelbaby max
Joe_Jacob
clluelo
Liz Cothran

Amen

Me gusta

About

Welcome to the group! You can request prayers, and share spi...
bottom of page